1: Find Your Advantage
· What is the unique competitive advantage of your product or service? (The best way to determine this is by performing a SWOT analysis)
· How can you meet the needs of the target audience better than the competition?
· What is the positioning of your product or service?
2: Define Your Purpose
· What is the mission or purpose of your company?
· What goals do you want to accomplish with this particular product or service?
· How do these goals fulfill the mission of your company?
· How will you communicate this to the entire organization to make sure everyone is on the same page?
3: Create an Image
· Based on the competitive advantage, positioning, target audience and mission of the company what image best represents your product or service?
· Do you need professional assistance in creating a logo and marketing communications materials?
· Is the look and feel of your marketing communications materials consistent and congruent?
4: Implement Promotions
· Which of these marketing communications do you plan on utilizing?
o Public Relations/Publicity
o Sales Promotion
o Personal Selling
o Direct Marketing
· What marketing communications can you afford?
· What marketing communications make the most sense for your situation?
· How can you achieve the greatest return on investment with the least amount of wasted exposure?
· Are your marketing communications linked and integrated? How?
· Are your marketing communications consistent and congruent? How?
5: Build Relationships
· How are you building relationships with customers?
· Are you creating positive word of mouth?
· Are you developing advocates for your product?
· Where in the funnel do your promotions hit?
· How do your promotions push people down the funnel?
6: Gain Feedback
· How are you measuring results?
· Have you implemented ways of gaining feedback from customers?
· Have you implemented ways of gaining feedback from employees?
7: Adjust to Changes
· Are you making changes based on the feedback you have gained?
· Has your market or target audience changed?
· Do you need to revise any marketing messages to remain current?
· Are you maintaining up to date and relevant information on the website?
· Do you have an ongoing dialogue with current customers?