This article on how to Grow a Church With the Power of Words highlights why and how churches should use marketing. It always comes down to word of mouth, but how do you get people talking and sharing. Here are some questions to ask:
* What has your church done lately that is newsworthy or buzzworthy (generates talk)?
* If your church is doing significant things, are people finding out about it?
* Are members inviting other people to the church?
* When people visit the church do they go away with a positive impression and tell other people?
* Do you gather feedback from members and visitors to improve your church?
* How are people finding out about your church? Are they receiving a consistent positive message or is most of the information gleaned from gossip and hearsay?